Our team’s skillset is focused towards C-Suite decision makers who benefit from independent, trusted advisory support.
We invest in learning about what’s happening in the market so we can be innovative for our clients. We connect our clients to all sorts of ideas, suppliers and organisations without any vested interest. We have honest conversations with our clients whether it costs us work or not.
Our close-knit Director and Associate team work together out of partner offices across the UK and Ireland with the best infrastructure but without the expensive overheads that exist for our big-firm counterparts. Meet our Directors below who work closely with our global network of over 40 trusted Associates plus a number of strategic partners across a range of disciplines and sectors.
Chief Executive Officer
Our CEO, Bill Kane, brings over 35 years of Director and Consulting Experience and is enjoying applying his energies to this exciting commercial venture. Bill is partial to a game of golf or two.
• Former CEO of PLC
• Business performance diagnostic
• Business transformation
• Benchmarking and Planning
• Operational due diligence
Paul has substantial finance and operations transformation and change experience across a broad range of sectors including many large and listed international businesses. Cycling, running and two young kids keeps Paul on his toes!
• Transformation and change
• Organisation design
• Business process re-engineering
• Sourcing and supplier management
Elliot is MD of Merlin’s sister company, and has over 20 years’ commercial experience. He believes people are central to all transformation projects, and is inspired to help effect real change. In addition to joining Bill on the golf course, Elliot enjoys spectating sports and supporting his kids’ passions for playing rugby, football, hockey and gymnastics.
• Lean transformation
• Continuous improvement
• Value stream analysis
• Capital performance
Doug has broad financial experience and track record running a number of businesses across a range of sectors. He helps clients realise a more positive value-add to their processes and delivery.
• CFO agenda and finance transformation
• Risk management
• Cyber security and GDPR
• Cost reduction programmes
Some of our Associates
Yvonne is an experienced People and Organisation Development professional, having worked at a senior level across a wide variety of sectors. As the owner of Prospero, one of Merlin’s Strategic Partners, she has a particular interest in supporting leaders and business owners in developing their leadership and people management knowledge and skills.
• High performing teams
• Leadership Development and executive coaching
• People Strategy
• Vision, values and culture
Simone is MBA qualified with over 20 years of experience from a wide range of sales models, across multiple industry sectors. She works with clients to transform sales & marketing effectiveness, improving performance and ultimately increasing profitability through a customer-centric focus, targeting channel mix, streamlining the sales & marketing organisation structure, or developing the right targets & measurements. Simone has a passion for Wellbeing and is a qualified Yoga instructor.
• Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Customer Relationship Management & Loyalty
• Key Account Planning and Strategy
• Sales & Marketing Leadership
Alan’s core expertise is in IT consulting, for large Financial sector, mid-market and SME clients. He has over 20 years’ consulting experience with clients of KPMG and Deloitte and as an independent consultant. Outside of work he likes to keep active with golf, cycling, swimming and walking the dog.
• Programme leadership and turnarounds
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Cost reduction
• Target operating models
• Setting strategy, then progressing implementation
• Supplier commercial and contractual negotiation
Jason is hugely experienced in Operational Excellence Programme delivery and Field Force improvement. He specialises in the delivery of performance improvement. In helping clients deliver significant Business Transformation Programmes, he also creates self-sustaining capabilities and cultures. In his spare time Jason runs a micro-brewery.
• Business Diagnostic
• Business Process Re-engineering
• Mobile Work-force Optimisation
• Field Force Efficiency
Ian has over 25 years’ experience of re-engineering processes, increasing automation, implementing new organisational structures and improving the customer experience through more efficient existing and digital distribution channels.
• Target Operating Model
• Programme & Change Management
• Systems Selection
• Digital Transformation
• Customer Journey & Distribution Channel effectiveness
• Implementation of Strategic Programmes including Business Case development
Nikki has more than 25 years of experience in agency and corporate environments on four continents. She has led global employee communication functions, setting strategy, overseeing multi-national campaigns and providing counsel to senior executives. Travel is her passion, often in pursuit of good food and wine.
• Comms strategy and planning
• Insight-led CEO and leader engagement
• Employee brand engagement, purpose and HR comms
• Comms function audits, measurement and insights
• M&A, change, transformation and crisis comms
Andrew has over 20 years in business advisory and consulting experience, across Public and Private sectors, specifically in designing and managing large change programmes. Golf provides the common link, together with a love of rugby with his two sons.
• Organisational and Programme Risk Management
• Change Management
• Strategic Information Systems Design
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning’
Mica is a qualified CA with over 25 years of experience in delivering complex infrastructure and service projects. Specialising in project assessment, procurement, finance, delivery and diligence, Mica offers end to end expertise for projects in both the public and private sectors.
• Data Analysis
• Project Management
• Financial modelling
• Project Finance
• Transaction Audit
Giles delivers in challenging situations; financial losses, poor operational performance etc. His 20 years’ experience, academic training, easy-to-work-with style, yet relentless focus on goals, combine to create a positive and powerful approach. When not transforming business performance he enjoys following politics and walking with his family.
• Manufacturing business performance
• Cost reduction
• Target Operating Model design and implementation
• Quality or delivery performance improvement
• Project design and direction
• BSc, MSc, MPhil, and Lean / 6 Sigma Black Belt trained
Ewan has specialised in “people” for over 22 years. He runs HunterSearch Consulting and has worked with public, private and third sector clients in virtually every industry in many parts of the world. He is a former professional snooker player, an experienced non-exec director and is the Commercial Director of the Scottish Handball Association.
• Culture Change & Business Transformation
• People, Commercial & Business Strategy
• Talent Development & Acquisition
• Board, Leadership & Management Development
• Speaker, host & facilitator
Ross is a respected Independent Change and Transformation Director. An expert in eliciting and understanding complex business requirements to strategise and execute business-critical change and transformation to meet commercial and regulatory obligations.
• Project and Programme Management
• Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
• Operating Model and Roadmap Development
• Change and Transformation Delivery
• Strategy Planning, Consulting and Advice
Brian operates at Board level on the development and implementation of business growth plans, group business strategy, and digital ventures. He brings senior consulting skills, global experience, and analytical methods to help leadership teams make strategic decisions and translate them into action and results. You’ll usually find Brian at a Park Run on Saturday mornings, aspiring to be Eric Liddell.
• Business Strategy
• Developing Strategic Performance Metrics
• Developing Growth Strategy
Conrad has a background in sustainable change in large and complex organisations. He has led FTSE 100 Finance teams, delivering functional Transformation and managing the end-to-end change journey. He has supported M&As and has experience in process simplification and re-engineering as well as effective stakeholder managment. He is Deputy Chair of a local school and a trustee of his church.
• Finance TOM Design & Deployment
• Business Process Re-Engineering
• Finance System Design, Implementation & Integration
• Business Case Preparation & Benefits Realisation
• Cash Flow Management, Forecasting & Controls
Andy is a former Director with Deloitte LLP and has over 25 years’ experience delivering global business performance improvement programmes across many sectors. A specialist and MBB Qualified in the application of Lean and Six Sigma, Andy has specific expertise improving the interface between systems and business processes.
• Large Programme Management
• Business Diagnostic
• Business Transformation
• Lean Supply Chain
Jenny has significant procurement and supply chain transformation experience across a wide range of public and private sector clients. She is the owner of JDP, one of Merlin’s Strategic Partners, and driving added value and improved supply chain performance is her forte. Netball is Jenny’s other passion and she can be found honing her shooting skills several times a week.
• Procurement transformation
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Supply Chain streamlining
• Business process re-engineering
• Benchmarking and cost optimisation
David has specialised in organisational governance and has gained significant expertise in this area over many years and across all sectors. This has been developed by studying the subject, and by serving on and advising boards – not just in theory but in good practice.
• Corporate Governance
• Effective board performance
• The role and duties of Directors
• How the board adds value
• Evaluating Board and Director skills and delivery